Ever since I returned from the ABC Kids Expo at the end of September, where I blogged about the new Baby Jogger City Mini GT Single Stroller
everyone has been asking about the differences, dimensions and what not. So here you go…all the info I have about the new GT and how it stacks up against the regular Baby Jogger 2012 City Mini Single Stroller.
In many ways the City Mini and the City Mini GT are the same. At quick glance they look almost identical. The overall shape and size is practically the same. But there are a number of features that differentiate these two strollers.
- Fabric type – nylon, wipe-clean
- Basket size – both will be easy to access in 2012. The City Mini’s basket will be updated for 2012.
- Awesome, quick, one-handed fold
- automatic locking feature keeps stroller locked closed when folded
- Plush padded seat
- Huge canopy with peek-a-boo windows
- Universal accessory mounting bracket – City Mini accessories will work on the City Mini GT too!
- seat back storage compartment
- Reclines to near-flat position – they will have the same draw-string style reclining mechanism
- their dimensions are very similar (but not the same)
- City Mini = 39.5″L x 24″W x 41.5″H
- City Mini GT = 44″L x 24.5″W x 30″-43.5″H (The GT is longer)
- City Mini Double = 38.5″L x 29.75″W x 41.5″H
- City Mini GT Double = 44″L x 30.5″W x 30″-43.5″H (The GT Double is longer)
- the GT will be an all-terrain stroller, the City Mini is not
- The GT will have Baby Jogger’s forever air wheel (8.5″), with these wheels you’ll have all the benefits of an air-filled tire (smooth ride over bumps, etc) with out having to worry about getting a flat
- the GT will accommodate a heavier child
- City Mini GT weight capacity = 65 lbs (100 lbs Double GT)
- City Mini weight capacity = 50 lbs (100 lbs City Mini Double)
- The GT has an adjustable handlebar, versus a fixed handlebar on the City Mini
- The GT’s brake is on the handlebar, where as on the City Mini it’s a foot brake
- The GT will accommodate a taller child. The seat dimensions of the GT are different than the city Mini
- Max head height = 23″ CM single & double, 26″ GT single & double
- Seat back = 19.5″ CM Single, 19.25″ CM Double, 21″ GT single & double
- seat to knee = 10″ CM Single & double, 10″ GT single & double
- shoulder width = 12.5″ CM single, 11″ CM double, 13″ GT single, 12″ GT double
- knee to footplate = 9″ CM single & double, 10″ GT Single & double
- width of knee = 14″ CM single and GT Single, 12.5″ CM double and GT double
- The GT single & double gives you 3″ more of head room than the city mini
- The GT comes in fewer colors and the stroller is mostly dark gray
- The GT is heavier to carry…but not by much
- City Mini = 16.8 lbs (26.6 lbs double)
- City Mini GT = 20.9 lbs (32.5 lbs double)
- The GT is more expensive
- 2012 City Mini $249.99 ($449.99 double)
- City Mini GT $349.99 ($579.99 double)
If you’re considering these two awesome strollers, here’s what I think it comes down to….do you want an all terrain stroller or not?? (putting price aside)
So what questions do you have??
Check out our video review of the City Mini GT!